Collection, Use & Sharing of Information
We need to collect and process some information in order to provide our Services aimed at fulfilling our missions and to fulfill other purposes as outlined below. “Personal information” is information that can be used to identify you, and we have provided specific examples of the Personal Information we may collect about you below. Personal Information does not include de-identified or aggregated information, which is information in which identifiable information is removed and that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual. We may use de-identified or aggregated information for any purpose, and we may share de-identified or aggregated demographic information not linked to any Personal Information with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and in marketing materials.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect:
- Identifiers, such as name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and internet protocol address.
- Demographic information, such as your age, race or ethnicity, national origin, marital status, and veteran or military status.
- Geolocation data, such as IP addresses, is gathered when users interact with the Site.
- Professional or employment-related information may be collected when you participate in our Services.
- Internet or other similar network activity, including information regarding your interaction with the Site.
Categories of Sources from Which We Collection Personal Information:
- Personal Information from users of the Services through their direct interactions with our Services, including by signing up for our Services and interacting with our Site.
- publicly available data, including information obtained from public records.
- information from third parties that supplement or ensure the accuracy of Personal Information, including data brokers, licensors, title companies, credit reporting agencies, and entities that provide background checks.
- Personal Information from service providers related to users’ interactions with our Services and Site.
Our Purposes for Collecting Personal Information, and Third Parties to Whom Personal Information is Disclosed:
- Identifiers are collected to contact individuals, provide users with our Services, improve the quality, safety, and security of the Services, customize and improve our Services, administer your account and process payments for Services, comply with internal and organizational compliance and audit requirements, and process requests related to our Services. We may provide this information to third parties and service providers who assist with the facilitation of our Services, including title companies, auditors, regulatory agencies, and industry partners and associations. We may share internet or similar network activity with service providers to obtain analytics information, or that assist with our Services, including website hosting, advertising, information technology and infrastructure, email service, marketing, credit card process, auditing, or other services.
- Demographic information is collected to provide users with our Services, comply with funder and compliance requirements, and evaluate the goals and missions of organizations. We may provide this information to our compliance and regulatory organization, funders, and industry partners and associations.
- Geolocation data is collected to provide users with our Services, to improve the quality, safety, and security of the Services, to customize and improve our Services, and to detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. We may share geolocation data with service providers, including our website and marketing vendors, to obtain analytics information concerning our website use.
- Professional and employment information may be used to provide users with our Services, customize and improve our Services, administer your account, and process your requests related to the Services.
- Internet or other similar network activity is collected to contact individuals, to provide users with our Services, to improve the quality, safety, and security of the Services, to customize and improve our Services, to detect security incidents, and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. We may share internet or similar network activity with service providers to obtain analytics information, or to assist with facilitating our Services, including website hosting, information technology, and infrastructure, email service, marketing, credit card process, auditing, or other services.
In addition, where consistent with applicable laws and regulations, we may disclose Personal Information in all categories above:
- to prepare, negotiate, or perform a contract with you;
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes otherwise required by law or the competent government or judicial authorities;
- to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense;
- as part of corporate restructuring, sale of assets, merger, or divestiture; or
- to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on our information technology systems.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of Personal Information
We give you certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for promotional purposes. You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you no longer want to receive promotional-related emails from us, you may opt-out according to instructions in such communications. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages, we may still send you important administrative messages.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you may request from us: (a) a list of the categories of personally identifiable information, such as name, email address, mailing address, and the type of services provided, that has been disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Access, change, or deletion of Personal Information
To the extent the rights are provided to you by applicable law, if you would like to request to review, correct, update, or delete Personal Information that you previously have provided to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that deletion of Personal Information may be limited by applicable law. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Data Integrity and Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We employ reasonable organizational, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the Personal Information we collect. However, the security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for your information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process your information, and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Data Relating to Children
Our Services are not directed at, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, anyone under the age of 13. If we are made aware that we have received such information or any information in violation of our policy, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records. If you wish to have your child’s information removed, please contact us using the information below.